Tagge's Farm Basket CSA Program 2013
"We are thrilled to provide our customers with the freshest fruits and vegetables, delivered weekly – all grown on our farms."
This is our 4th year of growing and distributing to our Community Sponsored Agriculture (CSA) customers.
Last year's harvest was a huge success. And we'd like to thank all of our wonderful CSA customers for thier support. We had so much fun sharing recipies and getting to know you. Please notice the special pricing for all prior CSA customers and all Community Food COOP members is now available for 2013.
We pride ourselves in offering you a great variety of fruits and vegetables handpicked to ripeness. We are excited to offer additional items from our field in Holladay where the soil produces fantastic melons.
Here is what we are growing for 2013:
- Free Stone Peaches- O'Henry, Suncrest, J.H. Hale, Early Elberta, Lemon Elbertas, Regina, Red Haven, Early Red Haven, Elegant Ladies, June Flame , July Flame, July Ladies, August Ladies, Monroe, Summer Sunset, Canadian Harmony, Late Elbertas, Red Globes, Sierra Gems. We are famous for our Brigham City peaches. Different varieties ripen throughout the season.
- White Flesh Peaches-Stark Saturn Donut, Glacier, White Lady
- Cherries- Bing, Vans, Sams, Rainier, Lambert, Lapin
- Apricots- Goldrich, Patterson, Tilton, Chinese
- Plums- Santa Rosa, Friar, Fortune, Elephant heart, Pluot
- Prunes – Italian
- Apples – Golden Delicious, Red delicious, Gala, Rome Beauty, Lodi, Honey crisp just planted.
- Nectarines- Summer Flare, Red Jim, Spring Flare
- Blackberries- Chester Thorn less, Tipple crown
- Raspberries – Canbys, Heritage
- Vegetables- Sweet salt and pepper corn, green beans, tomatoes, grape tomatoes, Roma tomatoes, red and green lettuce, cabbage, carrots, green onions, sweet onions, green and yellow bell peppers, Anaheim peppers, jalapeño, peppers, cantaloupes, watermelon, casaba, honeydews, karbi, Swiss chard, kale, basil, cucumbers, pickling cucumbers, zucchini, yellow squash, acorn squash, banana squash, spaghetti, squash, butternut squash, pie pumpkins, white pumpkins, frankenstein pumpkins, mini pumpkins, big stem pumpkins, cinderella pumpkins, Indian corn, gourds and more……
What Is A CSA?
CSA programs help local farmers by deferring their common early season farming costs. Over the years it’s been proven when both the farmer and the consumer anticipate each season’s harvest together, the overall success of the harvest is greatly increased. The result is more bountiful harvest at a lower cost to the consumer.
Here’s How It Works
As a CSA Share Holder you will receive a specially packed box of fresh fruits and vegetable each week, for 15 weeks. We will start the week of July 2nd and continue until the week of October 7th, 2013.
Boxes in July and early August will not have as many varieties of fruits and vegetables due to the Utah growing season, but in August and especially September your membership box will overflow with different varieties of fresh fruits and vegetables grown on our farm.
To sign-up now download this PDF form, print it, make your order, and mail it in. Or select an on-line sign-up below.
CSA Share Pricing
Each HALF share membership feeds 2 adults and is $324.00. Depending on the time of summer you will receive different varieties of fruit and vegetables each week.
For a greater harvest, order a FULL share membership for $630.00. We promise if you order a full share you will have a bountiful supply of Tagge's best produce.
Natural Grown Shares
Prior Year CSA Customers
We had a great 2012 of CSA Distribution. All those that signed up last year will receive special pricing because you showed great trust in what we are trying to do.
Home Delivery Service
In Salt Lake City Valley Only$120.00 Covers wages and gas expenses.
Additional CSA items
Local Honey Share - $39.50
One 12 oz bottle every two weeks, starting 8/12. (five bottles total)
Our honey comes straight from my beekeeper who starts harvesting in July. This amazing RAW HONEY from the concentrated nectar of the peach, apple, and cherry blossoms is NOT PASTURIZED OR FILTERED. And it comes straight from the honeycomb to your bottle with all the natural vitamins, enzymes and other nutritional elements that makes honey one of nature's SUPER FOODS.
Become a CSA Sponsor
We would love to add other drop off locations. If you would like to be one of our special CSA sponsors, all you need to do is have at least ten friends join in with you and we will deliver your membership boxes to your chosen location. And as a CSA sponsors, you will receive your membership at a discount.
Let us help you "Live Your Life Fruitfully" in 2013.